Find us in the internet!

lunes, 17 de febrero de 2014

Elena Rivera, Translator of the week

Hello! I'm Elena Rivera and I've been working as a translator. My job is to select five key words that help to explain map projections better. I've selected the following words:


  •  Cartography: It's an ancient science and discipline that is able to represent areas of our planet on a map or chart. It can also represent political and cultural divisions of a geographical area, among other things.

  •  Map projection: It's a transformation of a 3. Dimensional surface (The Earth) on to a 2.Dimensional map. Many maps differ in the exactitude of the representation of an area.

  • Distortion: It's an alteration of the original shape of an area of the planet when it's represented in a map.

  • Parallel: It's a line that is imaginary and it's around the Earth parallel to the equator.

  • Meridian: It's the half of a imaginary circle that is represented on a map. Its ends are North Pole and South Pole.




I've selected them because they're easy words to understand and very useful when we have to explain something related to map projections. I have learnt a lot as a translator because I didn´t know a lot about map projections. I hope I will learn more in the role of next week.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario