Find us in the internet!

viernes, 28 de febrero de 2014

Miriam Riquelme, being the analyst.

What can I say of this week?
So many things have happened that I don't know how to start. I won't say that we had plenty of problems, because my groupmates have already said it. This week has been, in my opinion, a big mess.
The week started in a very weid way, because we didn't actually know how to do the practice for this week. After a lot of thinking and asking our classmates, we started to develop our idea. The first thing was to pick a topic which hadn't been picked by any other group, because we wanted to save ourselves some problems with the rest of the class. We chose "The Layers of the Earth" because we thought it was something easy, practical and useful.
Our main mistake was to work separated. Each of us started making our part of the work and we messed things up. I have to admit myself that I had trouble with the Powerpoint, because I thought I had to do something and I was wrong.
We also had some problems of bonding. We've fought a lot this week, but that doesn't mean that we don't get on well anymore. For the well being of the group, we acted like civilised people and we finally worked things out.
As the analyst, I've had a hard time because I didn't know how to grade my groupmates. It is difficult to decide in this situation because all of them are classmates, some of them even good friends, and I never thought I'd had to grade them. In general, this week all of us could have worked way better than we did, but with effort and  determination we will get better and better.
Now, I'll answer some questions about our work this week.

What was the best part of the activity?

For me, the best part of the activity this week was making it for children, not for our classmates. It was the first time we did something focused on the learning of the pupils and not on University students.

What was the worst?

In my opinion, it was when we were clueless about what we had to do. We were all a bit nervous and we were frustrated.

What was the best moment of the week? (In the work of the group)

When we realised what we had to do and started working with a lot of enthusiasm and doing our best.

What was the worst?

The worst part this week has been the lack of compenetration and the amount of disagreements between us.

What have you learnt?



What do we need to conserve -as a group- for the next weeks?

We need to conserve our enthusiasm and our effort. We really make our best every week, and if we continue, we will get very far.

What do we need to improve -as a group- for the next weeks?

I think we should improve the organization and the way of working. We need to be focused on the work and not on trivial things such as fights or disagreements.

How is this content related to the other contents in the course and in your degree?

I think this content is strongly related to everything we do in the degree because when we make a slideshow, we have to bear in mind that Creative Commons is something very important and we learn to reference our work and to give credit to others for their work.

Is there any social connection of this content (news, politics, etc.)?

Of course. Intellectual property has been a very discussed topic in the last few years because of the author's rights and everything in the musical area or in the movies.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario